?THE 30th EPISODE OF THE LEADERS’ LAB IS HERE! ???
——————✨ ????? ?? ???? ???? ↓ ✨——————
You’re listening to ??? ???????’ ??? podcast where we talk all things leadership, communication and, learning how to balance multiple passions as a millennial professional.
I’m your host, Dr. Charity C. Campbell affectionately known as Dr. C and I can’t wait to dig into today’s topic!
?5 Powerful Team Building Activities For Building Trust in Virtual Teams ?
* Fun team building activities are vital to the success of your organization.
* In fact, the personal bonds that form as a result can actually give your organization a competitive edge.
* A recent study conducted by Gallup reports that employee satisfaction was boosted by 50% on account of developed close work friendships. The study also disclosed that people with a self-described best friend at work are seven times more likely to be fully engaged at work.
* The closer you are to your co-workers, the happier you’ll be at work, and the more likely you’ll be to sacrifice your time to help them succeed.
* Why I don’t Like Trust Falls
* In theory, this is a powerful activity for team-building. It challenges our fears of pain, abandonment, anxiety, loss of control, and trust issues.
* To perform a trust fall, a person stands on an elevated position like a stool or a stage, crosses their arms over their chest, stiffens their body and deliberately falls directly back into the (hopefully present) arms of their peers to catch them.
Patrick Lencioni wrote in his book, “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team,” that the absence of trust is a foundational issue teams must overcome. Teams with low trust are unwilling to be vulnerable with each other.
For example: “I’m sorry,” or “I need help”
When teams lack trust, morale is low, communication is poor and there’s a high turnover rate as a result of members quitting the team.
One way to solve this dysfunction is to foster an environment that is built on trust. Trust is similar to respect due to its nature of reciprocity. In order to receive trust, you must give it. There are easier, less dangerous and equally effective trust-building activities that you can do with your team to replace a trust fall and I’m going to share them with you now.
2. 5 Team Building Activities
1. Once Upon a Time
i. Practices Active Listening
ii. Encourages Innovation & Creativity
iii. Done in Sequential Order
2. Cutie Pie
i. Request team members’ baby/toddler photos in advance
ii. Helps to get to know each other from an earlier stage in life
3. 3 Truths, 1 Lie
i. Get to know each member a little better
ii. Develops relational communication skills
4. Team Movie Night
i. Netflix Party
ii. Develops communication, empathy and listening skills
5. Virtual Game Night
i. Jeopardy or Trivia
ii. Virtual Scavenger Hunt
iii. Murder Mystery
iv. Scrabble on mobile devices
v. Develops leadership, collaboration and decision-making skills
As an entreleader, it is important to understand that oftentimes, “trusting the process” is not enough; sometimes, it’s better to ensure that trust is the start of the process.” Don’t forget to Grab your copy of 31 Powerful Affirmations to Transform Your Mind to empower your development as an entreleader. I want to see you succeed in all areas of your life and it first begins with your mind! – linktr.ee/drcharitytv
Let’s dig in!
P.S. Want to become better at managing your time, organizing your day and creating a plan to reach your goals? Order your personal copy of THE AMBITION PLANNER today! You will get 10% off when you use the promo code: DRCHARITYTV! Visit www.theambitionplanner.com to get your copy, tag @theambitionplanner in your post on IG, FB or Twitter and don’t forget to mention that you heard about this life-changing planner on #TheLeadersLabPodcast with @DrCharityTV! ? ?????????
? R͙A͙T͙E͙ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/theleaderslab/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/theleaderslab/support